EXPLANATION OF ABBREVIATED BOOK
In this book, certain frequently quoted LDS books
are designated by using the first letter of each title word as follows:
- A. of F. = Articles of Faith by James
- B. of M. = Book of Mormon, 1981.
- C.H.C. = A Comprehensive History of The Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, six volumes, 1960.
- D. & C. = Doctrine and Covenants,
- D.H.C. = History of the Church, documentary,
seven volumes, 1960.
- D. of S. = Doctrines of Salvation by Joseph
Fielding Smith, three volumes, 1962.
- E. & R. = Evidences and Reconciliations
by John A. Widtsoe, three volumes in one, 1960.
- G.D. = Gospel Doctrine by Joseph F. Smith,
- G.T.A. = Gospel Through the Ages by Milton
R. Hunter, 1958.
- J. of D. = Journal of Discourses, Early
LDS General Authorities' messages, 26 volumes.
- M.D. = Mormon Doctrine by Bruce R. McConkie,
- M. W. & W. = A Marvelous Work and A Wonder
by LeGrand Richards, 1961.
- P. of G.P. = Pearl of Great Price, 1981.
- T. of P.J.S. = Teachings of the Prophet Joseph
Smith by Joseph Fielding Smith, 1963.